Many Excited Welcomings!
I am launching a new project that I would love to open up to all of you, as I am sure that there are many here who would love to have the opportunity to take part.
I am making an epic sci-fi musical allegorical open short movie.
I need lots of people to make this happen. I am sure that if you are at all interested in sci-fi and this project we can find a place for you. Some of the main roles that we are looking for are:
- The Main Character: early twenties; programmer (so the actor needs to be able to touch-type fast). The actor needs to be able to act in anger, despair, and with a green-screen doing extensive cloning (he will be playing an army of clones by himself), comfortable with stunt martial arts, and who can sing really well (operatic).
- The Antagonist: will be masked the whole time, but needs to be able to do stunt martial arts and look intimidating as well as show clear emotion and thought without his face being seen. We will have another actor do his voice.
- Antagonist Voice: needs to be able to record and sing an operatic villain song. Epic, not comic.
- Friend of Main Character: same age as Main Character, doesn’t need to sing.
- Computer: we only need a head for this character, but he needs to be a slightly older man (like a father), who can demonstrate clear, but not overdone emotion, as well as sound mentorly.
- Client Voice: older man, only heard over the phone, angry.
- Director: needs good experience with sci-fi stories and with green-screen productions.
- Copywriter: someone to keep the blog updated with our activities who can write compelling sales copy to get people on board.
- Choir: we need a middle sized choir (or a clever equivalent) with recording capability, willing to sing in some epic songs (probably Latin) for free.
- Photo Manipulation Artist: someone skilled with gimp or photoshop who can help with concept art, posters, banners, logos, and stuff like that.
- Animation Team: this movie will include massive amounts of VFX and CGI, so we need top notch animators, modelers, and special effects artists. If someone has a render farm as well that would be most handy, to say the least.
- Camera Team: we need quality recording equipment for the movie itself.
- Fund-raising Team: we need people willing to help coordinate funds being raised to help pay for the services of those people who simply cannot help us for free.
That is just the tip of the iceberg: our top needs. There is still room for scriptwriters, composers, choreographers, songwriters, and all kinds of other people. The best thing to do is to explain what you can do and ask where we can use you. 🙂
I have started a few projects before, and each has been more successful than I expected, as well as bigger than the previous. This one is no exception. There is a ton of potential here. It is already getting off the ground with lots of excited people pitching in and helping out. But we need and want you!
The story will encourage and uplift Christians who can recognize the parallels, but will also reach out to non-Christians. It will present the Christian worldview in a latent manner that is palatable for secular ears.
If you have any questions or or if you are interested in participating in any way (or even if you aren’t and you just want to talk to me about it) let me know by commenting here or emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also have a forum for collaboration on all stages of the project that you can join at http://debugger.freephpbb3.com, so check that out as well.
Although I love encouragement on the project, I am really posting to get people on board who are willing to put effort into doing something bigger than each of us. It is about getting true Rebelutionaries ready and raring to go for a new project: a New Hard Thing.
Thanks for listening!
Hope to hear from you soon!
With and joy peace in Christ,